Today, after 8.5 years, is my last day living in San FranciscoÂ – a city thatÂ gave me so much:
- The love of my life
- The birthplace of my three children
- The only jobs I’ve ever known
- My first major sports championship I’ve experienced
- The first home that I bought
- The only place not named Cary, NC that I’ve ever called home
I’m really sad.
We’re leaving behind an incredible friend network, a fascinating school community, a gorgeous home and backyard we just settled into, and so much more.
Our new destination – Brooklyn, NYC, NY.
We’re gaining closeness to our old friend network, a phenomenal career opportunity for Micky, weekend trips to see family in the UK, train rides to see Doruk and Hanna, and an amazing adventure at a point in our lives where it feels perfect to take on this challenge.
And yet – tonight – as IÂ said good bye to Yenni for the last time, and, today, as IÂ said good bye to CDS for the last time all I could feel was sadness. My heart could only fill with tears.
And tomorrow, at 9am, we board our one-way flight to JFK.